EVERYONE would like to be better between the sheets.
Now a personal trainer has revealed the 10 exercises you need to know to turbo-charge your love making.
AlamyDoing certain exercises for a workout in the gym can benefit your sex life[/caption]
While most of us know that exercise can help improve our physical and mental health, people aren’t so aware that it can improve things in the bedroom.
It was previously revealed that having sex twice a week could help ward off all sorts of health issues.
This includes infections, blocked noses and researchers said it could even help when it comes to fighting the menopause.
Fitness expert Delia Rutherfoord-Jones has named the best exercises that will help improve your sex life.
Read More on Sex
Find out if you have sex while pregnant
BENEATH THE SHEETS
The number of times you should be having sex each week to keep healthy
Sex exercises for women
1. Squat with a half rep
Fitness FirstSquats are great for increasing blood flow to your lower body[/caption]
Delia, who is an expert at at the Clapham Junction Station branch of Fitness First said squats are great for increasing blood flow to your lower body, energising your libido and improving the circulation around your legs and midsection.
This, she said can to help make your orgasms more intense.
“They also help to strengthen your lower body for a more powerful thrust whether you’re on top; or when your partner is,” she added.
- Squat down to your maximum range of motion and then come up halfway.
- Lower down again and then come all the way up to standing.
- Repeat this motion as many times as necessary.
Most read in Health
My chronic pain is so bad I thought docs were hiding from me that I was dying
We're experts – signs that your child is struggling mentally and how to help
Our daughter could be blind & have dementia by 15 – but Sun readers can help
Festivalgoers warned don't mix booze & legal highs after drug deaths double
KNOW THE SIGNS
Could your IBS symptoms actually be a histamine intolerance?
Fears grow over tomato flu outbreak as chiefs give first warning over symptoms
Fitness FirstThe yoga pose Cat-cow can benefit women[/caption]
Cat-cow is a yoga pose that is a combination of movements that help to tone the hip and pelvis, as well as improving the flexibility in your spine.
Ultimately, the end goal of this exercise is to help support your crotch and lead to better performance in bed, Delia said.
- Begin on your hands and knees in a table position, making sure to keep your spine neutral.
- As you inhale to move into your cow pose, lift your body upward and press your chest forward, allowing your stomach to sink.
- Lift your head and relax your shoulders away from your ears and gaze ahead.
- As you exhale to come into your cat pose, round your spine outward and tuck in your tailbone to draw your pubic bone forward.
- Release your head toward the floor and relax.
Sex and your body
Everything you need to know about sex and your body
Why does sex hurt?
Can you have sex while pregnant?
Can you have sex on your period?
How long should sex last?
The exact number of times you should be having sex each week
What causes premature ejaculation?
How many calories does sex burn?
What is a squirting orgasm?
The sex positions most likely to give you a UTI
3. Sun salutation
Fitness FirstRegular yoga practice can help get better orgasms[/caption]
Delia explained that regular yoga practice is great for enhancing your sex drive and it comes with a whole host of other benefits; like increased performance, better orgasms and an overall boost in satisfaction in the bedroom.
The sun salutation pose in particular is great for strengthening your core and upper body.
- Start in a downward dog position and slowly transition into a plank.
- Begin to lower down to the floor, lifting your chest up inward into your upward dog pose.
- Reset the motion by pushing through table-top position and lifting your hips up, returning into downward dog.
4. Straddle sit-ups
Fitness FirstDoing sit-ups can improve your pelvic muscles[/caption]
When you do sit-ups, your pelvic muscles — which also support your reproductive organs and contract during orgasms — also get a workout.
Essentially, the stronger those muscles are, the more intense your climax will be, the guru said.
- Lie on your back with your legs straddled.
- Tuck your pelvis in and perform a crunch style sit up.
- Slowly lower back down toward the ground and repeat the motion.
5. Cardio SkiErg
Fitness FirstDoing cardio skiing can improve your endurance in the bedroom[/caption]
Now you’ll need to go to a gym for this exercise – or for a free option you could always fit in some cardio with running.
But Delia said upping your cardio could help enhance your endurance.
“SkiErg, in particular, is the only machine that hits your upper and lower body by hammering your arms, shoulders, back, core and legs.
“Its low-impact, high-calorie burning helps to build endurance by working your body in a rhythmic motion — which can come in handy when you’re in the bedroom,” she said.
How to do the double pole technique:
- Begin with your hands and feet shoulder-width apart with your hands slightly above your head, make sure that your arms are bent slightly.
- Drive the handles downward and make sure that your core muscles are engaged whilst bending at the knee.
- Keep the bend in your arms with the handles fairly close to your face.
- Finish the drive with your knees slightly bent and your arms extended down alongside your thighs.
- Extend your arms upward and straighten your body to return to the starting position.
How to do the classic skiing technique:
- Begin with one arm raised and slightly bent.
- Pull down with your top arm whilst gradually raising your lower arm.
- Continue to alternate this movement, making sure to keep some bend in your pulling arm for a stronger position.
Sex exercises for men
6. Reverse bridge with opposite leg taps
Fitness FirstReverse bridges can improve your gute endurance[/caption]
Improve your glute endurance with reverse bridges.
The constant time under tension also helps to improve your hip and shoulder mobility, Delia said.
- Sit in a sit-up position and place your hands down behind your hips with your fingertips pointing toward your feet.
- Lift up your hips by squeezing your glutes and reach your right hand toward your left foot.
- Repeat the movement again on your opposite side.
Repeat the movement again on your opposite side.
7. Ground-to-shoulder pulls with sandbags
Fitness FirstThis exercise will improve both your cardiovascular strength and explosive strength in your hips and arms[/caption]
If you’re looking to improve both your cardiovascular strength and explosive strength in your hips and arms, then ground-to-shoulder pulls with sandbags is your go-to exercise.
While it seems like this move only uses your arms, it’s actually an intense core workout that can really help to improve your sex life with improved stamina.
- Keeping your core tight, stand with your legs slightly wider than hip-distance apart.
- Squat down, making sure to keep your back straight and pull the sandbag to your chest. Hold for 1-2 seconds and then drop it down.
- Repeat the movement.
8. Spider-man press-ups
Fitness FirstTry this Spiderman workout to build muscle[/caption]
Your hips and chest will thank you later when you take on the Spiderman press-up.
This muscle-building exercise can strengthen your shoulders and chest as well as challenge your core strength, Delia said.
You’ll be grateful for the increased upper-body stamina when trying positions like legs on shoulders, standing splits and more, the PT added.
- Start in a high plank position with your feet shoulder-width apart, your body should be forming a straight line from head to toe.
- Bend your elbows to around about a 45-degree angle as you slowly lower your chest toward your hands on the floor.
- Lift your right knee toward your right elbow and hold for 2-3 seconds before lowering your leg back to its starting position and lifting your body again.
- Repeat this movement with your opposite leg on the next rep.
Fitness FirstDeadlifts are great to improve things in the bedroom[/caption]
Not many people realise how beneficial deadlifts can be to your performance in the bedroom.
As well as strengthening your hamstrings and glutes, they work your back and tighten your core — making this a great move to improve your ability to pick up your partner when it matters most.
- Start by squeezing your lats down and pushing your hips back. Make sure to bend at the knee so your shins are perpendicular to the ground.
- Stand up straight, hold your chest up and keep your neck neutral.
- Grab the weight and push through your heels to activate your glutes and straighten your legs.
- Make sure to keep the weight close to your body.
Practising proper deadlift form will help you master the hip hinge, which is a foundational movement when it comes to controlling your pelvic floor both in and out of the gym.
10. Shoulder-supported bench press
Fitness FirstBench presses are great for upper body strength[/caption]
As many classic sex positions — like missionary, standing or on-the-lap — demand good upper body strength, you need a move that can support these positions — this is where the shoulder-supported bench press comes into play.
Read More on The Sun
BARK AND RIDE
You could be fined £5,000 if you don’t transport your dog properly
Woman’s ‘inappropriate’ G-string swimsuit at family water park splits opinion
- Lie on your back flat to the bench and make sure that your shoulders are firmly planted.
- Press your feet into the ground and move your hips into an extended hip thrust position.
- Keep your core engaged and maintain a neutral spine position throughout the movement.
- Slowly but firmly, lift the bar or dumbbells off the rack and lower to your chest with your elbows bent to the sides.
- Press your feet as you push the bar up and return to your starting position.