WITH sunnier days upon us, we might be experiencing higher than usual serotonin levels, which naturally makes us want to romp at any given moment.
But while sex might be on the mind of randy couples everywhere, becoming a sweltering mess is the last thing we want.
GettyTry these sex positions during summer which will help you stay cool[/caption]
Thankfully, there are simple ways to achieve maximum pleasure while remaining cool, and it doesn’t mean sacrificing your orgasm either (thank goodness).
“When it comes to keeping cool during summer sex, opt for sex positions which either minimise skin contact or opt for those that are lower intensity,” Robert Davies, relationship expert at Condoms.uk, told Fabulous.
Offering his tips Robert said it’s important to stay hydrated, so drink lots of water before, during and after your raunchy affair.
“You could also use an air purifier or fan in the bedroom or explore shower sex,” he said.
Learn more hot bedroom tips
What is the lightning bolt sex position?
LOCKDOWN & DIRTY
Kinky Curfew sex position promises intense orgasms you’ll race home for
“Whatever you decide, be safe while you enjoy a summer of love,” he said.
Here, Fabulous reveals five must-try sex positions that are ideal for hotter weather.
Ok, so it’s not entirely new, but it doesn’t have to be because doggy style is an ideal position for summer.
Most read in Fabulous
Royals insisted Meg end rift with dad & were exasperated by refusal, says new book
SPILLING THE BEANS
I used to work at Primark – never pay attention to hanger sizes
I ordered an £11 bridesmaid dress off Shein – I can't believe the result
HEDGE THEIR BETS
My neighbours have chopped down MY hedge as they didn’t like it, I'm livid
I sunbathe topless in my garden, my neighbours have full view of my boobs
Men say they hate my lip fillers, but they don't know what I looked like before
This is because there’s minimal body contact, Robert explained, which means getting off will be a breeze.
He said: “As there is minimal skin contact in this position and you are facing away from each other, it can help to keep you cooler than other positions (which include closer proximity or increased skin contact).”
“Standing sex involves both partners standing upright with the man entering the woman from behind,” Robert explained.
Because of this, it can help keep both parties stay cool as they’re facing away from one another.
Just like the popular doggy style position, standing involves rear-entry which means there’s minimal skin contact.
So say bye-bye to that hot, sweaty mess and hello to full-blown pleasure.
Tips to stay cool while having hot sex
Hot tips from Robert Davies, relationship expert at Condoms.uk
- Stay hydrated – drink lots of water
- Use an air purifier or fan in the bedroom
- Explore shower sex
- Experiment with temperature play, where you can play with cooled sex toys and even ice (placing lubricant in the fridge can help make it cooler or trick the body with cooling lubes which fool the nerve endings into thinking something cold has been place over them)
- Use breath to add different temperature sensations to your partner’s body (Experiment with blowing over their body with your lips in different formations, you’ll find that some will feel cooler, and others will feel hotter)
Yep, you guessed it, another rear-entry position, are you starting to see the trend?
Robert said: “Spooning mimics the way that two spoons may be positioned side by side (with bowls aligned).
“As well as having minimal skin contact and facing away from each other, this position also requires minimal effort which helps to keep you cool (compared to other positions which exert more energy).”
If even the simplest of moves has your head in a whirl you can skip the penetration and try oral sex instead.
“Oral sex can be a great alternative to penetrative intercourse whilst providing pleasure for your partner, ” Robert said.
It involves very little movement (or effort) but the orgasm will be no less intense – what more could you ask for?
Read More on The Sun
I let my 15-year-old daughter get a tattoo and I don’t care what others say
COULDN’T MAKE IT UP
How your make up could see your passport application rejected
To avoid skin contact altogether, mutual masturbation with self-stimulation is the answer.
“This allows both people to achieve maximum pleasure whilst still providing an intimate moment with their partner,” Robert explained.
The best sex positions
The most searched sex positions…
- The five best sex positions for larger women
- What is the eagle sex position?
- What is the hook sex position and does it make men bigger?
- The speed bump sex position promises intense orgasms
- The snow angel sex position is the best one for winter months to heat things up
- The pumpkin spice is the best sex position to spook up your Halloween
- The pretzel-dip sex position will leave you and your partner satisfied
- These are the sex positions that will burn the most calories
- What are the best sex positions for beginners?
Follow our sex positions page for more